You are not connected. Please login or register

Mission menus

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mission menus on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 am

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

ENS
ENS
Hi guys!
First of all congrats on getting that far with such a project. There hasn't been a good F/A-18 or naval sim since Jane's F/A-18 (and Lock-On doesn't count for me).
I was wondering whether you're open to community contribution in the form of models and stuff.

I'd also like to make a suggestion:
I've seen in some old sims (Longbow 1&2, Microprose F-117) and other games (Medal of Honor) menus that greatly add to the immersion factor. They're usually pre-rendered rooms with hotspots to navigate through the game's functions.
Since I'm getting to grips with UDK, I wonder if you'd like me to create some menus of that sort for you, and provide you with the stills or videos to use in the game. It'd be very cool to read your briefing on your desk, or even sit in a carrier's briefing room.
If you would like me to start doing that, I'll get on with it (the only problem being I'm not that good at texturing). As for engine/content licensing, UDK is free as long as no profit is made from any of its products. Let me know!

It'd also look cool if you had a main menu screen with the carrier deck and A/C taking off and landing on it.

2 Re: Mission menus on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:18 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
I used to like those... makes me think of the menus in A-10 Tank Killer. Problem is, it's kind of an outdated style, and hard to do well! At this stage in development, I assume there is already a menu system in place, too.

What's UDK?

3 Re: Mission menus on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:52 am

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

ENS
ENS
UDK stands for Unreal Development Kit, the engine behind Unreal Tournament 3.

4 Re: Mission menus on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:27 pm

MudRat02

CDR
CDR
The menu for F-117 was awesome, it would be cool to have something similar in Seven-g. Its polish, but seeing as you have to look at the menu screens so often it might be worth some consideration Smile

5 Re: Mission menus on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 am

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT

Actually, this game had the best menu:

If you could make something like this but a little 'modern', that would awesome.

6 Re: Mission menus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:31 am

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

ENS
ENS
That's what I had in mind, actually (1st shot). I will need help with textures, though.

7 Re: Mission menus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:09 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
It's "nice," yeah, but I don't think it's a very important use of resources right now. You do realize that this simulator is being programmed by a one-man machine, right? Not to insult your ability, but if the developer has to help you make this menu with texturing, associated programming, etc... that's a lot of work for him!

He's got a system of menus implemented already... maybe this would be something to consider for the future? Smile

8 Re: Mission menus on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 am

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

ENS
ENS
One guy working on this simulator? Didn't know that! The guy deserves a statue! If he can implement it and someone can help with the texture work, I'd love to do some menu screens.

9 Re: Mission menus on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
No doubt, though I think maybe he'd just prefer a paycheck instead of a statue!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum