You are not connected. Please login or register

updates and news

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: updates and news on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 am

AceFlyboy

LCDR
LCDR
I don't know if this helps, what follows is from my archived notes on SevenG originally made in year 2010!

SEVEN-G

(NAVIGATION)
M (Opens in this mode) NAV MASTER MODE
HUD – Head Up Display
WAYPOINT
HSI – Horizontal Situation Indicator – TACAN – MARSHAL RADIAL –
ILS – Instrument Landing System –
Detail – MAP - Scale – 5, 10, 20, 40,  80, 160NM SCALE

WAYPOINT & Pre-planned Route Following
To follow route automatically:
Press A/P button on UFC. Press BALT to hold current altitude.
Press CPL to automatically follow the route.
(On HSI, if in WAYPOINT mode, and SEQ button is ON then Autopilot will follow route sequence.
If ‘SEQ’ button is OFF then Autopilot will fly straight direct to waypoint. HSI will show ‘CPL WPT’ mode)

AUTOPILOT SUB MODES

CPL SUB MODE– DATA LINK COUPLING -  FIVE Sub Modes

CPL – SEQ  SEQUENCE
CPL – WPT  WAYPOINT
CPL – TCN  TACAN
CPL – ACL   AUTOMATIC CARRIER LANDING  
CPL – TGT   TARGET

On UFC – Up Front Control :

ATTH   ATTITUDE HOLD
HSEL   HEADING SELECT   (Auto turns to selected course)
BALT   BAROMETRIC ALTITUDE HOLD (Constant altitude over undulating terrain)
RALT   RADAR ALTITUDE HOLD (Altitude varies over undulating terrain)
CPL     DATA LINK COUPLING – to Autopilot Sub modes

Alt A AUTO THROTTLE CONTROL
ATC controls engine power to maintain airspeed when flying or on an approach..
When flaps are beyond 27 degrees (FULL) – aircraft enters AoA control mode of 8.5degrees

N “Paddle Switch”  (used to disengage Autopilot / G-override/ disengage NWS)
Automatic Throttle Control & Nose Wheel Steering

102 Re: updates and news on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 am

vgp78

LT
LT
you have them in nice order
do you know when are we using CPL – TGT TARGET ?

103 Re: updates and news on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 am

AceFlyboy

LCDR
LCDR
Its such a long time since I used the SevenG demo version which dates back to year 2010 - that I've forgotten if the CPL-TGT mode had ever been included back then.

From my old Jane's F/A-18 files (in which CPL-TGT mode functions)

"CPL-TGT = TARGET STEERING SELECTED = Auto fly to target"

From this website : https://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/Navigation_Systems  - Quote:

"3.5 Target (TGT) Steering Mode
Target Steering (TGT) steering mode is available when a designation exists and it is not a waypoint
(e.g. it was designated by a sensor, not by NAV), and all other steering modes are unboxed.

The designation will appear as a diamond, identically to how it would appear if it were a waypoint designation.

Courseline and direct-great circle steering are available to a target just as they are to a waypoint or TACAN.

Note that targets which are designated via the WDSG HSI top-level option are navigated to via WYPT steering, since they are waypoints.

TGT steering is reserved for targets which were designated by other means such as through the HUD, Radar or FLIR, and are not currently waypoints.

Note however that it is possible to convert a ground designation into a waypoint (NAV designation), by marking it via the MK# option (described below) and the re-designating it via the WDSG option."

READ ALSO PASSAGE BELOW that "3.6 Waypoint (WYPT) Steering Mode" alongside "Target (TGT)"

104 Re: updates and news on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 am

vgp78

LT
LT
In the demo if you press NAVDSG in HSI the wpt goes to tgt

thank you for the link Cool

105 Re: updates and news on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:44 pm

AceFlyboy

LCDR
LCDR
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Episode 1 - Introduction

Published on July 5, 2017

This is an early-alpha development build and may differ from the released product.............

To prepare for the upcoming DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, they are producing a series of videos that discuss the simulation and its features.

This first video is an introduction to the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and what is planned for it.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rf2PZv5T8M&feature=youtu.be

106 Re: updates and news on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:45 am

AceFlyboy

LCDR
LCDR
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Episode 2 - Cockpit Tour

Published August 4, 2017

Second in a series of F/A-18C Hornet familiarization videos, a video tour of the Hornet cockpit:

Based on an early Alpha version of the product.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIw6MxdOKlA&feature=youtu.be

107 Re: updates and news on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:41 am

WinterH

ENS
ENS
Sigh... wish I could read seveng news here instead of DCS ones, which I can follow easily on other places...

Bu then again, since no such thing as seveng news exist, all is fair I suppose.

So it's been about 9ish months since "beta soon"... wonder if there's anyone following here still, aside from us potential customers.

108 Re: updates and news on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:00 am

damson

LCDR
LCDR
WinterH wrote:Sigh... wish I could read seveng news here instead of DCS ones, which I can follow easily on other places...

Bu then again, since no such thing as seveng news exist, all is fair I suppose.

So it's been about 9ish months since "beta soon"... wonder if there's anyone following here still, aside from us potential customers.

Me too, To be honest at this point I have a feeling that the dev got so burn out on this one that he deosn't want to even look at it anymore (why would he delete his channel on youtube?). I hope I'm wrong and he's silently preparing the beta release. One can dream ...

We have DCS Hornet coming out soon, but frankly I would rather fly Seven-G.

109 Re: updates and news on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:56 pm

AceFlyboy

LCDR
LCDR
It's my belief (without evidence) that DCS have either through compassion or pity taken on the completion of the SevenG simulation by causing the developer to sell the rights to DCS while still holding his own right to complete it - only after DCS have released their very own version.........

110 Re: updates and news on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:12 pm

damson

LCDR
LCDR
AceFlyboy wrote:It's my belief (without evidence) that DCS have either through compassion or pity taken on the completion of the SevenG simulation by causing the developer to sell the rights to DCS while still holding his own right to complete it - only after DCS have released their very own version.........

I would think the best solution for the 7G dev would be to hit Steam Early Access with 7G - even if Steam takes its share of revenue, the >120 million of Steam users could potentially see the game. Even if 0,01% of that user base would bought the game for lets say 25$ (as EA title) that would still gave 312,500 $ to the dev and Valve to share (I don't know the Valve's cut on sales). But I bet many people would pay more easily for the all-in-one Hornet sim. Remember that DCS Hornet will be a module which will require probably some terrain, campaigns etc. And it will surely cost >60$. So the 7G would be very competitive.

It would be a pity if 7G is never released - so much work would go to waste. Also, since the game would be in Early Access it wouldn't have to be in final polished state, the dev could still work on it and earn some $ from growing community. That would surely motivate the developer and maybe even he would consider growing his dev team to help him with the things he is struggling.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum