Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum


You are not connected. Please login or register

updates and news

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26 Re: updates and news on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:14 am

molnibalage


ENS
ENS
AceFlyboy wrote:This sim has been in gestation since 2008.

(Have watched from afar and seen it go through several stages since then.
Have commented and provided small amounts of hopefully helpful input on this website.
Check out my posts)


This sim has been developed by one single person on their own since March 2010.

I ask anyone on this planet to do the same once they realize how huge the task is and not give up after a much much shorter time period.

The only person on this planet who understands what it is like to do this project is the man himself.

No one else but him has any understanding or idea of the gargantuan size this project IS for one man.

The developer is doing this single handed.

He does not have a team of developers to help create it.

He has funded it through his own resources.

All members new or old must take this into account.

Criticism by or from anyone is irrelevant.

The developer is not accountable to anyone for this massive project.

Believe this, it is a MASSIVE MAMMOTH MONUMENTAL mind numbing project for any group never mind one single human being.

Everyone, bear that in mind from now on.

I rate this guy. Whoever he is. I am Irate when unfounded groundless unwarrented unjustifed criticism is proffered.

That is clear.

The main thing is......

To all who fly, safe landings.

And this is  why I never was able to understand the point of Seven G. This never will be a fully matured combat flight sim, just a tech demo of a single jet. Where is AI? Where are dynamic campaigns? SAM? Ships? Etc. This is just wasting time and resources...

I would be much wiser to join a team what works on a DCS World modul or work with BMS4 Team on Falcon BMS because they have the foundation to provide very good environment to model more or less good the F/A-18C. (Falcon is less because of F-16C avionics) but with DCS you can do literally anything. Just check what features have the MiG-21bis.

27 Re: updates and news on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:27 am

steelblade


ENS
ENS
molnibalage wrote:
AceFlyboy wrote:This sim has been in gestation since 2008.

(Have watched from afar and seen it go through several stages since then.
Have commented and provided small amounts of hopefully helpful input on this website.
Check out my posts)


This sim has been developed by one single person on their own since March 2010.

I ask anyone on this planet to do the same once they realize how huge the task is and not give up after a much much shorter time period.

The only person on this planet who understands what it is like to do this project is the man himself.

No one else but him has any understanding or idea of the gargantuan size this project IS for one man.

The developer is doing this single handed.

He does not have a team of developers to help create it.

He has funded it through his own resources.

All members new or old must take this into account.

Criticism by or from anyone is irrelevant.

The developer is not accountable to anyone for this massive project.

Believe this, it is a MASSIVE MAMMOTH MONUMENTAL mind numbing project for any group never mind one single human being.

Everyone, bear that in mind from now on.

I rate this guy. Whoever he is. I am Irate when unfounded groundless unwarrented unjustifed criticism is proffered.

That is clear.

The main thing is......

To all who fly, safe landings.

And this is  why I never was able to understand the point of Seven G. This never will be a fully matured combat flight sim, just a tech demo of a single jet. Where is AI? Where are dynamic campaigns? SAM? Ships? Etc. This is just wasting time and resources...

I would be much wiser to join a team what works on a DCS World modul or work with BMS4 Team on Falcon BMS because they have the foundation to provide very good environment to model more or less good the F/A-18C. (Falcon is less because of F-16C avionics) but with DCS you can do literally anything. Just check what features have the MiG-21bis.

You are obviously not a developer. The point is to make your own thing.
Not to mention seven g had AI, SAMs etc.
Seven G doesnt try to compete with DCS, which is a full on sim with multiplayer and everything.

It was a hobby project and as such it should be viewed.
Actually... it should be admired.
I have never seen souch dedication to a simulator which doesn't aim to make a lot of profit and only targets a niche audience.

You should be grateful an experienced developer puts his heart and soul into such a project just to make you as a niche audience member a little bit happier.

Show some respect.

28 Re: updates and news on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:13 pm

pyroperson87


ENS
ENS
molnibalage wrote:this is  why I never was able to understand the point of Seven G

Then go back to FSX, BMS, DCS, or whatever sim it is that you DO understand the point of.

29 Re: updates and news on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:26 am

molnibalage


ENS
ENS
pyroperson87 wrote:
molnibalage wrote:this is  why I never was able to understand the point of Seven G

Then go back to FSX, BMS, DCS, or whatever sim it is that you DO understand the point of.


I do not play with DCS because in current state is a pile of bug, nothing else. BMS4 models well the F-16C Block 52 only problem that core theater and modeling values are bad joke... I never played civilan flight simulators.

I'm not a developer just a modder of BMS4. This is why I say what I said...

30 Any News? on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 am

Aussie_Hornet

avatar
ENS
ENS
I hate to be 'that guy' but I haven't seen any news updates in a while, any idea when there will be one posted?

Cheers,
Aussie Hornet. Very Happy

31 Re: updates and news on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:42 am

WarLock

avatar
ENS
ENS
Aussie_Hornet wrote:I hate to be 'that guy' but I haven't seen any news updates in a while, any idea when there will be one posted?

Cheers,
Aussie Hornet. Very Happy

Hi m8,

Its understandable that we are all eager and enthusiastic, i had a look at this page recently - http://www.seveng-f18.com/about.php   ...stating release this year 2015. Hooray! cheers


Just keep checking Admins first post he updates it when he is able to....................

Admin wrote:News: december 30 2014

Hello,

Apologies to people who waited the game. The game is still going but slowly.
I wish I was smart enough to finish the job sooner. My personal issues actually made me bypass about 6 month. So the release date.
Thank you for your support. And sorry that I can't reply on the comments on the website.

Happy new year!



Here's link to first post http://seveng.forum3.info/t250-updates-and-news

So soon it will be released 2015!

I also found this video while scooping around online, and for a laugh watch @22:00 the pilot is listening to AC/DC just after a hot carrier landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcLfktNhTI   bounce  Laughing

Just give the dev time to ensure all is bug free and lots of goodies finalized for the 2015 release.

cheers,
WarLock



Last edited by WarLock on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:42 am; edited 2 times in total

32 Re: updates and news on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

Fransky

avatar
LT
LT
There's probably a good reason for the lack of news. cmatt probably has a VERY good reason for not posting. (Read the news!)

http://www.abattoir.net

33 Re: updates and news on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:38 pm

damson


LCDR
LCDR
Fransky wrote:There's probably a good reason for the lack of news.  cmatt probably has a VERY good reason for not posting.  (Read the news!)

FYI Cmatt is the test pilot (real bug driver), the developer is SW Park (aka Admin on this board).

34 Re: updates and news on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Fransky

avatar
LT
LT
damson wrote:
Fransky wrote:There's probably a good reason for the lack of news.  cmatt probably has a VERY good reason for not posting.  (Read the news!)

FYI Cmatt is the test pilot (real bug driver), the developer is SW Park (aka Admin on this board).

I know that. I also know that CMatt is very high up in the RCAF, and where is the RCAF currently occupied? I think he has more important things on his mind.

http://www.abattoir.net

35 Official development progress update on Thu May 07, 2015 9:22 pm

john_costco


LT
LT
would be great to share with us progress in development, please take a few minutes and tell us how things are going on , Thanks in advance !

36 !!! on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 pm

steelblade


ENS
ENS
affraid affraid affraid

THE HYPE IS REAL, NEW VIDEOS JUST OUT!

HYPE

37 Re: updates and news on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Striker


LTJG
LTJG
steelblade wrote: affraid  affraid  affraid

THE HYPE IS REAL, NEW VIDEOS JUST OUT!

HYPE
That's an old video actually. It came out several years ago but I don't remember that music. It was probably added by someone else or later.

38 Re: updates and news on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:33 pm

RhineHornet

avatar
LT
LT
I follow this project several years now and don't remember having seen the footage of these two new videos before!

Great work, developer(s)! cheers

39 Re: updates and news on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Striker


LTJG
LTJG
RhineHornet wrote:I follow this project several years now and don't remember having seen the footage of these two new videos before!

Great work, developer(s)! cheers
It looks like it's part of this video that came out a couple years ago but just a new edit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywrekEIJIg
I might be wrong but some of the motion looks really familiar.
Look at the very end of this video.

40 Re: updates and news on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am

Zaz0


ENS
ENS
There's a new video, posted on twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy0Yi0oi8_o

I don't notice nothing new, maybe he's trying some improvements on the flight model?

41 Re: updates and news on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:17 pm

damson


LCDR
LCDR
Striker wrote:
RhineHornet wrote:I follow this project several years now and don't remember having seen the footage of these two new videos before!

Great work, developer(s)! cheers
It looks like it's part of this video that came out a couple years ago but just a new edit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywrekEIJIg
I might be wrong but some of the motion looks really familiar.
Look at the very end of this video.

It's new video, I can see one cool new feature not seen in other videos - the pilot's body is reacting to g-forces. The details in this sim are astonishing. Good job!

42 UPDATE on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:13 pm

john_costco


LT
LT
Hey what is going on? Could you please take 5 minutes to give us update, don't be so selfish , Evil or Very Mad

43 Re: updates and news on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:38 pm

lqcorsa


ENS
ENS
Yeah it's kinda becoming apparent as to why this project failed. Happily awaiting the DCS module personally.

44 Re: updates and news on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:15 pm

john_costco


LT
LT
lqcorsa wrote:Yeah it's kinda becoming apparent as to why this project failed. Happily awaiting the DCS module personally.

yeah he does not care, so selfish:x Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad , the project is dead I guess hope we will get F-18C in DCS soon

45 Re: updates and news on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:26 am

Goshawk

avatar
ENS
ENS
Exclamation Exclamation Suspect No Question Question

46 Re: updates and news on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:13 am

Pogo

avatar
ENS
ENS
Some "NEWS" for the negative naysayers amongst you is to be found on the home page under FAQ albeit a very small update, however, an update nonetheless.

http://seveng-f18.com/index.php  cheers

D

47 Re: updates and news on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:13 am

damson


LCDR
LCDR
Yep, the release was postponed again unfortunately ...

But as long as the work is going forward I can wait. In the meantime here's something to watch:



In the second part of the video there is much missile launching and bombs dropping.

48 Re: updates and news on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Striker


LTJG
LTJG
damson wrote:Yep, the release was postponed again unfortunately ...

But as long as the work is going forward I can wait. In the meantime here's something to watch:



In the second part of the video there is much missile launching and bombs dropping.
You know that this has been in development for almost 10 years now right? I really find it difficult to believe that this is going to become a reality now especially since ED is very close to releasing two Naval jet modules, one from themselves and one from Leatherneck. I don't like to be so skeptical but all of the videos that keep popping up are really old clips that we've seen before like several years ago. If he has something new to show that's cool but all this speculation and re-posting of old video is really just not doing anything for me, just making me feel like a lot of wasted time even logging into this forum.

49 YES THE AVIDS ARE DISHEARTENED on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:11 pm

AceFlyboy

avatar
LCDR
LCDR
Oh yes we are.Tired of waitin tired of waitin for yoohoo
http://www.metrolyrics.com/tired-of-waiting-for-you-lyrics-kinks.html
So tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
So tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you, keeping me waiting, all of the time
What can I do?

It's your life and you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep me waiting
Please don't keep me waiting

'Coz I'm so tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
I'm so tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you, keeping me waiting, all of the time
What can I do?

It's your life and you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep me waiting
Please don't keep me waiting

'Coz I'm so tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
I'm so tired, tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you, for you, for you


50 Re: updates and news on Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Spadje


ENS
ENS
I am hearing rumors that this project is dead. No new updates on Facebook, twitter, or youtube. Any one close to the developer, or the developer himself able to give us any hope?

I hope the dev is fine and life is good for them, just hate to see this huge project go to waste.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum