Seven-g F/A-18 fighter Forum

Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is willing to buy F-18C in its current 96% condition? please post!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Poko24

I will buy it on a first day after release. But the sim market is killing me - it takes so long finishing the projects that i'm affraid i won't see many of them. Life is just too short... Sad

Striker

LTJG
LTJG
I will too probably.
I've bought just about every other simulator since Janes F/A-18E.

28 Still wondering on Thu May 12, 2016 11:49 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR
Well... I wonder if it will ever manifest to the market to be real honest. I just wish there were some more video clip updates and some more screen shots that were bigger that we can copy. Or at least some communication. I wonder if he has decided to quite messing with. He or They or who ever it is.
Is it still alive? I'm still waiting and have not forgotten. It's been about 5 years or so I think. No

redbat

ENS
ENS
Me me me me... bounce

30 Perhaps go for a Steam Early Access ? on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 am

WinterH

ENS
ENS
Some might be aware that Combat Air Patrol 2 : Strait of Hormuz is released on Early Access a day ago on Steam.

It is, pretty much an Alpha at this state. Still, sim community, apart from a few people venting early on, received it with understanding, and already from first day of release there is a good bit of discussion on it's forums, there have already been video streams on youtube, twitch and steam itself.

As for the state it is currently at, graphics, interface etc all considered, latest videos we have seen of Seven G suggest it may be as advanced as the currently released state of CAP2, if anything, it may probably be at a better state.

This may bring incentive and comfort to complete remaining pieces of the sim, while people buy it, providing monetary support for it as well as enjoying what's available as rest is being developed. On Steam, people are somewhat used to and more tolerant when something is thus labeled as Early Access, and it brings some understanding from buying community. I'm sure this would pass with flying colors if it was on Steam Greenlight for example. Another benefit is, apart from the niche flight sim community, being on Steam expose a title to many additional buyers, it is almost free advertising.

As we are almost all are aware, DCS : F/A-18C is planned to hit Early Access release sometime this year. This may, or may not happen, but it is getting closer. A released DCS F-18 will steal a lot of thunder from this sim, so it may be a good time to release this one as early access while there is time. Some like me will buy both SevenG and DCS F-18, but I think majority will buy this one if it comes before the DCS one most likely.

If this sim is still in development, this may be something to consider.

I for one, am VERY eager to fly this sim as an alternative, and for supporting development of our niche genre. I am looking forward to writing a review article on newest PC flight simming web site, "twomoreweeks" Smile. In fact, if possible, I would like to partake in a pre-release look on the sim if the developers would like to consider the option.

Flyby

ENS
ENS
I'm in for buying it.
Flyby out

32 Me too... on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:56 pm

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR
Flyby wrote:I'm in for buying it.
Flyby out

I have heard from people who seem to know things that it's still gonna happen. Time will tell.
Mean while, I am glad to hear and read that DCS is coming out with a FA18C later this year or into next year with two new detailed carriers.
But 7gs also looks very promising as well.

Here is what I have been doing lately.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif?o=4

I bought a new computer just for 7gs and this DCS maxes out on it very nicely!

"DFS"

Flyby

ENS
ENS
DragonFlySlayer wrote:
Flyby wrote:I'm in for buying it.
Flyby out

I have heard from people who seem to know things that it's still gonna happen. Time will tell.
Mean while, I am glad to hear and read that DCS is coming out with a FA18C later this year or into next year with two new detailed carriers.
But 7gs also looks very promising as well.

Here is what I have been doing lately.

I bought a new computer just for 7gs and this DCS maxes out on it very nicely!

"DFS"

I've been primarily occupying my time flying Cliffs of Dover as a member of the Air Combat Group, but I try to support the Combat Flight Sim community. So, I own DCS, BoS, Falcon BMS, RoF, and of course the original IL2 series, with two versions of huge mods. There aren't enough hours in a day,or week to devote to all of them,so Cliffs gets the call since I enjoy flying the online campaigns. When Seven-G finally comes to life, I'll support it too, and Jet Thunder as well. Meanwhile I keep the others updated. Wink
Flyby out
PS Dragon, are you (or anyone else here) planning to go for a VR headset? I plan to, but first I have to see which performs best in a flight sim.

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR

I haven't really given much thought to the VR head set. I have thought about two additional monitors for my Gforce 980 TI though.
I sometimes wonder about 7gs. Is there just one or two guys working on it? There is no news ever really about it that I know or can find. I sometimes wonder if the guy gave up.
Time will tell.
I currently have ifrogz Head phones but not really thinking much on VR.

DFS

john_costco

LT
LT
Hey developer Give Us news, let us know what is going on , looking forward to hear from you ASAP, Thank you  bounce  Idea  cherry

36 Good luck on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 am

DragonFlySlayer

CDR
CDR
Good luck with that one. I have heard from a credible source that 7gs was still in the making. I'm not so sure that DCS's FA18C would cause him to pull the plug on 7gs because he feels that there would be no sales as one person put it. I don't think he is doing this for money either so I have a hunch if he is not distracted and simply feels like creating it, then he most likely will be working on it. I also tried talking to that FA18 Pilot that used to be with us and I got no response so I did wonder if he was still flying in the NAVY or if he is out now, or if he new anything regarding the development of this little pipe dream but he seems to be no longer with us. I don't know.
One other thought too came to mind. And that is Eagle Dynamics (DCS), seems to be a large team where this guy just seems more on his own. This would create a time difference.
So meanwhile , if this ever surfaces, "Time will tell". Until then, we still have DCS to look forward to. I have wanted a Hornet since USNF 95! Janes FA18E since Flanker became LOMAC etc... Many of us have always wanted a Hornet. Hopefully DCS will land it and I think they will. Wagner stated that realistically speaking he felt that DCS would most likely not land it until into next year as opposed to later this year. I remember years ago (about 13) I asked Eagle Dynamics why they don't create a Hornet. The Russian development team advised me that the information needed was classified at that time. So all these years later now they are coming out with a FA18C. This will be cool! This will take DCS in for a big win! It's about fucking time!

Sorry I'm not telling you anything you probably know of. But one good clue is that the website is still present here for 7gs.
Meanwhile this is what I have been doing.... Geared up with a new machine, along with those custom aluminum HOTAS mounts from Monster (Germany) along with a set of crosswinds rudder pedals.

"I'm ready"

"Salute"

DFS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum