Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yeah baby!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Yeah baby! on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:59 pm

636_Castle

LT
LT
Just got home from watchin the Blue Angels today.

On my scanner, solo lead announced his altitude was 200 feet, plus I was on a tri-decker ferry underneath the flight line. WOW I love the Hornet!

2 Re: Yeah baby! on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:20 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
Actually, during that pass, Lead Solo LCDR Weisser should be at 100 feet AGL. For a water show, inside the airshow box (1mi laterally,) he might take it down as low as 50. Generally, he'll be at least Mach 0.95 at centerpoint. On his way in from 5 miles, he was calling call mile markers and airspeed/Mach number.

Seafair, right? Sounded like they had a really great show. Saturday was a flat show, I think. Was the weather better on Sunday?

3 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:57 pm

636_Castle

LT
LT
BeakerVBA wrote:Actually, during that pass, Lead Solo LCDR Weisser should be at 100 feet AGL. For a water show, inside the airshow box (1mi laterally,) he might take it down as low as 50. Generally, he'll be at least Mach 0.95 at centerpoint. On his way in from 5 miles, he was calling call mile markers and airspeed/Mach number.

Seafair, right? Sounded like they had a really great show. Saturday was a flat show, I think. Was the weather better on Sunday?

You're right. I misheard - it was Boss who was at 200 with the diamond at one point. Solos were indeed at 50' according to #8 BA.

Sunday was a flat "tub" show. The weather was better on Sunday, but not by much.

4 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm

MudRat02

CDR
CDR
Wouldn't mind seeing the Blue Angels at some point. Had the opportunity to see the Thunderbirds, but I let that chance pass me by in favour of seeing the Roulettes again Embarassed

Anyway, always be ready for the 5' call!

5 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:58 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
MudRat02 wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing the Blue Angels at some point. Had the opportunity to see the Thunderbirds, but I let that chance pass me by in favour of seeing the Roulettes again Embarassed

Stick with the Roulettes. Especially this year, the T-birds are disappointing. Neutral

6 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 pm

636_Castle

LT
LT
BeakerVBA wrote:the T-birds are disappointing. Neutral

Agreed. I saw them 2 years ago. They lack excitement and energy, especially compared to the Blue Angels. Nothing like the whine of an old Hornet cranking up. Really gets you going Cool

7 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:02 pm

MudRat02

CDR
CDR
636_Castle wrote:
BeakerVBA wrote:the T-birds are disappointing. Neutral

Agreed. I saw them 2 years ago. They lack excitement and energy, especially compared to the Blue Angels. Nothing like the whine of an old Hornet cranking up. Really gets you going Cool

Some might say that low level aeros in a Viper are "exciting" as they are always only one FOD-ingestion away from testing the serviceability of the bang seat. Personally, I value redundancy and the rugged beauty of the Bug Wink

8 Re: Yeah baby! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
Regardless, their flying hasn't been up to par. Especially their right wingman (#3) who entered the team mid-season. It's some of the most unbalanced formations and inconsistent flying I've seen from a US military team.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum