Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sim Tailhook

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sim Tailhook on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 am

Pop

ENS
ENS
As some of you may have already heard I am the coordinator for the "Simulator Tailhook" Meeting here in Pensacola during the Blue's Homecoming Show. Below is the info and registration forms. We would like a "demo" of your Sim to show all at the Friday night "Happy Hour". If you can, please have it in a DVD format. Thanks Pop

2 sim tailhook on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:02 am

Pop

ENS
ENS

FIRST
"U. S. NAVY SIMULATOR TAIL HOOK CONVENTION" PENSACOLA, FL NOVEMBER 12-14,
Rev no.3 7/23/10
Several months ago I proposed a "get together" here in Pensacola for those "flying" Naval flight simulators. Several Pilots communicated to me that they were interested in attending such an event.
Here is what I have set up!

1. Friday November 12 th 1600-2100, Sign in. Happy Hour followed by dinner at "MC GUIRE'S IRISH PUB.. Videos will be shown on large screen TV of U.S. Navy flight Sim (as many different sims as provided by squadrons/groups. Open Bar. (http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/)
2. Saturday, NOVEMBER 13th NOON-1600. BLUE ANGEL AIR SHOW. Bleacher tickets are available (in block) for us for $5 each. I recommend this. I will reserve the number of seats as you wish.( you will just drop dead afterwards.)
3. SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14th (time TBA), Blue Angel Change of Command. If you have never attended a U.S. Navy Change of Command, This would be a very interesting formal event. It is open to the Public.
4. SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14th. Lunch at "CUBI BAR CAFE" in the NATIONAL MUSEUM
OF NAVAL AVIATION. ($10.50/guest include tip). Videos will be shown on large screen TV of U.S. Navy flight Sim (as many different sims as provided by squadrons/groups (http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/P...bibarcafe.aspx)

5. Guided tour of the Museum, flight line and the restoration area.(http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/ ).
6. I have reserved 20 rides beginning at 1300 Sunday for those interested in "flying" the "Top Gun" F14 simulators. ($20/ride) .( CARRIER LANDING, FORMATION AND COMBAT). There are 4 cockpits with pilot and RIO seats. Sims can be linked together (http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/P...imulators.aspx)

7. 2000 Dinner at "OAR HOUSE". (http://www.myspace.com/theoarhouse)
I would make the arrangements for the Happy Hour, lunch, dinner, tour, and simulators, and assist in making hotel/motel room reservations. Registration forms will be posted soon!

If you are interested E-MAIL OR SNAIL MAIL ME AT 10379 MC ARTHUR LANE,
PENSACOLA, FL. 32534
Bottom line. I will make arraignments for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the registration form are submitted. At the Friday night we will check in, receive "token gifts", sigh up and pay for Saturday air show tickets, and Sunday lunch. Total for all events $16 US! Such a deal!!!
Ron "POP" Folse CDR USN (Ret)

3 sitrep/reg forms on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 am

Pop

ENS
ENS
[img][/img]
Sim TAILHOOK
SITREP 8/17

The "Welcome Bags" are getting some good stuff in them! They will be available for pickup Friday at Happy Hour!

We have added door prizes to be given out Friday and Sunday (lunch and dinner). One is a TIR system (gift from a member).

Another is a set of wooden "NAVY WINGS OF GOLD" about 24 inches wide.!

Looking for more to come in!!!

Ghost has been busy with seating and parking for the airshow. There are three levels of seating. Bleachers at $5, Box seats at $15, and Chalet (food and drink provided) $50.
See the page " http://www.naspairshow.com"

Update on The F14 simulators: I spoke to them this week and they have changed the software. The new sim flies an FSX products, which has some good and some bad. Gone is the Formation flying, but from what I was told, better graphics!

I have failed to mention the full motion FA 18 "ride"! Seats about 20 people, 6 degree motion base, with a simulated combat mission video. (Pay as you go)

Visited the upcoming "LSO" demo area which should be up and running by November. It will have the sight, sound and feel of being on the "Ronnie" flight deck during a launch and recovery. Looking good!

The new "hanger" will also be completed by the time of our meeting. It will house about 30 A/C from the '50 -'70's.

I have make arrangements to tour and film the "Restoration" area since it will be closed on Sunday. A Rep will give us an "update on what is going on there" at lunch Sunday along with a Museum overview .

Still looking for DVD's of your sim in action! ( please include a narrative if the DVD does not include one. I would like a rep from your group to give us all the highlights of your sim!

Keep watching as we progress in this event!

4 reg form on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 am

Pop

ENS
ENS
REGISTRATION FORM
SIMULATOR TAILHOOK
NOV 12-14
DEAD LINE FOR SUBMISSION 1 OCT 2010

NAME_________________________ E- ADDRESS_____________________

PHONE # _____________________# OF ADULTS_____ # OF CHILDREN_____

I AM A MEMBERS OF FLIGHT SIM COMMUNITY:_________________________

FLIGHT SIMULATOR I FLY __________________________________________

MY CALL SIGN_____________________________________________________
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS ARE NOW PLANNED:

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 12th 1600 HAPPY HOUR / DINNER AT MC GUIRE'S IRISH PUB ___Y/N # OF GUEST____

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 13th AIR SHOW 1200 Y/N # OF GUEST___
RESERVE SEAT TICKET $5.00 BLEACHER $15 BOX SEATS $50 CHALET ________ENCLOSED Y/N # OF GUEST___ (http://www.naspairshow.com/layout.html

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 14th 0845 BLUE ANGEL CHANGE OF COMMAND__ Y/N
LUNCH CUBI CAFE 1200 ___Y/N # OF GUEST____
PAYMENT OF $10.50 PER PERSON GRATUITY INCLUDED
( A PRESENTATION ABOUT WHAT THE RESTORATION GROUP IS DOING WILL BE PRESENTED AT LUNCH AS WELL AS A MUSEUM OVERVIEW.)

MUSEUM TOUR Y/N

"TOP GUN" F 14 SIMULATOR Y/N # OF PILOTS___
(COST OF $20/ PERSON PAID AT SIM)
FOUR COCKPITS EIGHT SEATS

I/WE WILL BE ARRIVING PENSACOLA DATE _________TIME_______

I/WE HAVE MOTEL RESERVATIONS AT ___________________________________

WE MAY HAVE A RENTAL VAN AVAILABLE FOR ALL EVENTS FROM THE "PINE FOREST ROAD MOTEL" AREA

I/WE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A TEE SHIRT WITH "SIMULATOR TAIL HOOK 2010" LOGO SHIRT Y/N SIZE______ COLOR WHITE/ MILITARY GREEN
$17.00 FOR SMALL MEDIUM LARGE AND X LARGE
$ 2.00 EXTRA FOR XXL OR XXXL TOTAL SHIRT COST $________

TOTAL U.S. $ OR INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER ENCLOSED $________
GUEST "WELCOME BACK PACKS" WITH VARIOUS "ITEMS OF INTEREST" WILL BE PROVIDED AT "SIGN IN" FRIDAY NIGHT.
Mail to: R.L. Folse
10379 Mc Arthur Lane
Pensacola, Fl 32534

SUGGESTED MOTELS

Pensacola Beach per person/night
Hampton Inn 2 Via De Luna Dr. 850-932-6800 135
Hilton Garden Inn 12 Via De Luna Dr. 850-916-2999 109
Holiday Inn Express 333 Fort Pickens Rd. 850-932-3536 153

There are more motels at the beach and the time to drive to NAS is approximately 45 minutes without traffic delays.

Downtown
Residence Inn Marriot 601 E. Chase St. 850-432-0202 129
Courtyard by Marriot 700 E. Chase St. 850-439-1103 159
Crown Plaza Grand Hotel 200 E. Gregory St. 850-433-3336 125

Approximate time to NAS 35 minutes.

At I-10 interstate and Pine Forest Rd. exit are these motels:

Country Inn and Suites 2607 Wilde Lake Blvd. 850-944-7653 95
Red Roof Inn Wilde Lake Blvd. toll-free 800-853-7663 55 **
Microtel Inn and Suites 8001 Lavelle Way 850-941-8902 58 **
Quality Inn 8060 Lavelle Way 850-944-0333 60 **
Best Western 2390 W. Detroit Blvd 850 -477-7474 90

Holiday Inn Express 130 Loblolly Ln. 850-941-4995 $100