Official Seven-g Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Admin poll about game link

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Admin poll about game link on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 am

3Sqn_eldiablo

LT
LT
I'm writing this just for explain , as vote i chose I won't buy it' , unless there will be a patch that can make it working for an on line entertainment.
Lots of stuff that I know now are been learned on line , so , if it'll be just a signle player game , where you can't learn how really manage it or you can't have people committing with , sorry but I'm not gonna buy it.
None here is giving you pressure for the realease date , we are just waiting for what is looking a good combat flying simulator with a good and realistic way to fly and also a good graphic with a cockpit cliccable ( all those things thogeter will make me insane bom ).
What I can say ( talking just for me ) is keep the time you may need and have a good job.
I'll be happy to pay what you'll built (if it'll work online )
Cya Wink

2 Re: Admin poll about game link on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:04 am

vgp78

LT
LT
hallo i am fan of this sim since 1.02, great sim and great progres!!

about the poll and about
the mp, i would love to see 7g with mp , also if you plan to release it sooner you can add mp with an upgrade patch later ,or
you can release it with mp capability when its ready , but no mp at all it is not good idea , i think a basic element for a sim
is the multiplayer . think about it

great job until now, keep going

Smile

Last edited by vgp78 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

3 Re: Admin poll about game link on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

PL_Harpoon

LT
LT
Please don't release a game without MP. I would buy it (for a lesser price) but it just takes away half the fun of it.

4 Re: Admin poll about game link on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm

cedaway

Sure it would be fun to fly along with others but in a first time, I'd have time to learn how to handle correctly the bug before getting in 'live'.
And, well, I've just seen the progress is at 76% (THAT's accurate!). Courage, 24% to go.

(Sorry for my english, non-native)

5 Re: Admin poll about game link on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:04 pm

BigDaddy

Thanks to all of those who devoted time to make this sim. It looks very impressive.
I sure everyone who is an enthusiast will purchase it. Making it MP capable will certainly build a stronger community and add longevity. A sim without Mp is just a sim. A sim with MP adds realism. Reaism will make it a classic.

http://www.VMFA-323.com

6 Re: Admin poll about game link on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:15 am

ecv56_yunga

ENS
ENS
hello, with 3 years experience flying in multiplayer mode ECV56 always, I say that no MP, it will lose many potential buyers .- The ability to interact with human pilots, no limits anymore .- Personally, from my first flight on line, I'm back to flying alone or with AI.-

I think most fans of the sim, we are willing to wait for a product that offered capacity MP for the maximum realism.-

Greetings from Argentina!

7 Re: Admin poll about game link on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

johnsmith

LTJG
LTJG
Yo!
Personnaly, that's not grave. The people who say "I don't buy that because there isn't MP" are morrons, I searched sims and the finished sims are lock on (an arcade sim),Jane's f-18(very old),dcs a-10(a-10) and falcon4.0(very old, despite OP4.7 FF5.5 the quality is bad), I was not satisfated by that I thound but 7-g is very promated.
Question to admin:
-How many time will you make to finish 7-g with and without mp?
-How much will it cost?
Thanks!

8 Re: Admin poll about game link on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
I would still suggest continuing with the current schedule, and then creating a multiplayer patch.

9 Re: Admin poll about game link on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:18 pm

MudRat02

CDR
CDR
I'm ok with some sort of multiplayer addon for later down the track, but coding for multiplayer would probably have to begin to be built into the engine long before work on the actual multiplayer component begins, so a decision at this point is pertinent.

After all, if you think you might have need of a Growler you make sure you place orders for specially wired Rhinos in advance, right? Smile

10 Re: Admin poll about game link on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
It doesn't HAVE to be quite that rigid, so long as there is some foresight in the development. Smile

11 Re: Admin poll about game link on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:37 am

3Sqn_eldiablo

LT
LT
johnsmith ... johnsmith ... people that have a different opinion from what you think is right , are not moron , maybe you need to grew up a bit more , or just watch your language

12 Re: Admin poll about game link on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:35 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
3Sqn_eldiablo wrote:johnsmith ... johnsmith ... people that have a different opinion from what you think is right , are not moron , maybe you need to grew up a bit more , or just watch your language

Don't start with the drama on this forum, it hasn't been here yet. Neutral Get on topic.

13 Re: Admin poll about game link on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:42 am

EagleEye

No MP in first release version is very sad. Novadays MP is a must have feature for a flight simulation. Learning the systems and flying together with your buddies is much more fun then flying alone or with AI. Don`t get me wrong, I really like that youre develop that sim and I hope it is feasible to provide MP modus after first release in a timely manner.

14 Re: Admin poll about game link on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:04 am

RhineHornet

LT
LT
I've got to admit I voted for "I won't buy it".

Well, this is not exactly the truth. I just wanted to "emphasize" that I would really love to see MP in Seven-G. As has been previously mentioned, flying together with your "buddies", it would be multiple times more fun. Without MP, it would be a sort of Systems trainer for the Hornet. I am just daydreaming of entering the initial for the 360 overhead break with two or three friends in echelon formation, braking consecutively with a 3 seconds interval, turning into the downwind. It would be my dream to simulate the peacetime-coldwar training missions the Canadians flew out of CFB Baden-Soellingen, in a customized southern Germany / European terrain scenario. I've watched Canadian Hornets being hammered through our skies for more than seven years back till the early nineties, I'd so much want to "relive" the experience from the first person view! Very Happy
Right, back on topic, even when Seven-G will (initially) not come with MP, I'll still get it.

15 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 am

636_Castle

LT
LT
BeakerVBA wrote:I would still suggest continuing with the current schedule, and then creating a multiplayer patch.

Who says multiplayer isn't on the schedule?

I voted to not buy it if multiplayer wasn't included. If I remember correctly, Seven G started out as a free simulator, so I surely wouldn't be happy if such an important feature was left out with a price.

I also doubt a simple patch could be released to add multiplayer functionality to it. Laughing

16 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 am

vgp78

LT
LT
636_Castle wrote:
BeakerVBA wrote:I would still suggest continuing with the current schedule, and then creating a multiplayer patch.

I also doubt a simple patch could be released to add multiplayer functionality to it. Laughing

i thought about that too , 2 versions maybe one without and one with? anyway its only hypothesis
after all its a poll not a statement

17 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 am

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
636_Castle wrote:Who says multiplayer isn't on the schedule?

Right now, it's not. Not a planned functionality as I was told.

636_Castle wrote:

It could be, if inroads are carefully laid. Depending on development stage, there's no difference implementing MP now or later.

18 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 pm

636_Castle

LT
LT
Well I would much rather wait to fly in Seven G and have the devs put in multiplayer than release anything without it. Beaker I'm sure with your credentials you know the significance multiplayer in this day and age. It takes out 99% of the fun to roam empty skies all by yourself. It might just be my personal opinion, but a non-multiplayer combat sim will satisfy me...for about a week.

Having said that, the 1.03 demo is a blast even in it's underdeveloped, zero multiplayer, TrackIR-less stage. Very Happy

Would be nice to hear from the Admin regarding what that poll was all about, and what the final decision will be.

BeakerVBA wrote:
Depending on development stage, there's no difference implementing MP now or later.

I disagree. It might be easier if they were to create it in a separate module the way DCS is, but still very difficult. I'd imagine the reason for leaving out multiplayer, would be to save time and energy - no? In that case, deciding to add it later would mean building the netcode from scratch, with no "foresight in development", and then finding a way to incorporate that into the already compiled engine.

Leaving something out to save time/expenses/energy would sort of defuse the purpose if you had to work around it so much.

19 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
636_Castle wrote:In that case, deciding to add it later would mean building the netcode from scratch, with no "foresight in development", and then finding a way to incorporate that into the already compiled engine.

So you think the process would be any different now? It would still be writing MP from scratch, and it would still be incorporating that into the "already compiled engine." It's not like this code is being chiseled into a rock... there's no significant difference between making those changes now and making them later. Perhaps that wouldn't be the case this time last year.

20 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 pm

636_Castle

LT
LT
The difference being changing the already compiled coding and essentially reverting it back to an alpha build, spending weeks if not months beta testing the multiplayer code, and adding a major piece of functionality to a simulator engine that wasn't even coded for multiplayer to begin with. It really kind of speaks for itself. It's not as easy as you might think. Wink There's a difference between adding a service pack that adds on to something at the bottom, and completely changing the simulator's engine.

You could do it that way, or seamlessly add it while you're still in alpha development and haven't began beta testing the underlying engine that powers the whole simulator.

21 Re: Admin poll about game link on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

BeakerVBA

CAPT
CAPT
Fair enough. My point is, you're doing the work now, or you're doing the work later. There may be benefits to providing the capability to add the MP code later and finishing the simulator as-is for the time being... like money.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum